Monday 20 August 2018

I'm Positive


  I haven't written anything for quite a while. Mostly because everything I wanted to talk about was depressing, sad or angry. It was about injustice, the sanity of Trump or the intolerance of Baird and Kenney. And I was tired of all of it. With the never-ending news cycle, I found myself fixating on the bad and ignoring the good. But not today.

  Sometimes it's difficult to see the flowers through the weeds. That doesn't mean they aren't there....just harder to find. It takes more focus and clearer vision. When you watch the news there is a sense of doom that is hard to shake no matter how pretty the flowers.

  But today the pool is blue and the sun is shining. We are healthy, happy and safe. There is a roof over our heads and food in the fridge. Our bills are paid and our car will get us from point A to B safely. What more could we ask for?

  From now on I promise to write about good things more so than bad. To temper the flow of negativity with bits and pieces of happiness taken from wherever I can. If I can't find any of my own then I will share my friends' happiness. The world has much more happiness than sadness in it. We need to always remember that.

  It's time to start looking for it at every corner....starting with a huge congratulations to my wonderful friend Vince on his engagement!!!

  Ang

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...