Friday 24 August 2018

People Watching


  People watching is quite fun. Especially when it's at drop off at day camp or the parking lot of a hockey rink. Parents say some of the most ridiculous things to both their kids and each other. I've heard some that made me laugh out loud even when I probably shouldn't have.

  My favorite was a parent telling the sixteen-year-old counselor that under no circumstances could she receive another call to pick up her child. Straight-faced, the young teen replied, "If she is vomiting we have no choice." To which the now extremely indignant mother spat out "What am I paying you for?"  

  An extremely well-dressed couple, in their ridiculously expensive car, are double parked in front of the rink entrance. He is dragging his teenage son's hockey bag out of the car, the son is texting, and complaining that there should be special parking for hockey parents. Or valet service his wife replies.

  One elderly couple, getting out of a brand new BMW, complaining that there should be parking spots specifically for luxury cars. Now what made this so funny to me was where they were parked....in front of the discount grocery! It seemed like a ridiculous comment considering the location.

  I am walking into Walmart. There are two huge doors. On the left is an Enter sign and the right one, Exit. Not one person going in, or out, using the proper one. Except me with my cart. An elderly lady gives me the evil eye and waits for me to move out of her way. All the while shaking her head at my stupidity.

  When you are out and about this upcoming weekend look around. Watch people. Observe their interactions. How they speak to each other. Their body language. It's an unending reality show that is too good to miss.

  But don't laugh at the absurdity. People don't like that. Not at all.

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...