Monday 10 December 2018

One Good Thing....Just One


  Someone made a comment today that really struck me as truth. He said, and I'm paraphrasing here....you, as an ultra-conservative, will never think one thing a liberal does is good. And he was 100% correct. Radical liberals will react the same to conservatives. So why can't people see the other point of view on anything when it comes to politics?

  I would say that Canada suffered through almost ten years of Conservative PM Stephen Harper. I was never a fan of his for various reasons but was everything he did as the leader of Canada bad? Of course not. He made some changes and brought about some policies that I agree with. And many I didn't. The same can be said for our Premier Doug Ford. While I disagree with almost all of his ideas for the province there are a few that might just be okay for the greater good. With an open mind, I will wait and see.

  Not wanting to paint every conservative with the same brush, but I am about to, they don't seem to be able to say anything good about a liberal. The vulgar word "libtard" has become a favorite go-to word for the unyielding conservative. It's offensive and you all know better than that. I've asked several right-leaning folks to say one good thing the latest PM, a liberal, has done. Silence. They make no pretense of even giving it some thought. Nothing. That is a sad fact for the majority. Sad for us as a country too.

  There will never be a time when everyone is happy. Some leaders will always be too liberal or too conservative or not enough of either. But we need to find a happy medium where the majority of people are getting ahead. 

  Let's try to become the "glass half full" country again.

  Ang

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...