Saturday 8 June 2019

A Little Sass Is A Good Thing


    I tried and tried to be more positive and you know what it got me? Nothing written worth sharing and an increase in my blood pressure! So welcome back to the "little bit bitter and twisted" me. Trust me she is much more fun than the "trying to see the positive all the time" me. Now let's begin.... 

   We have just passed the 75th anniversary of D-Day. Imagine the bravery and perseverance needed to land on those beaches.  I can't even. Yet the GOP Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said, and I quote "We should be celebrating our president". Imagine the bravery and perseverance needed to land on those beaches, Just the thought of comparing these brave heroes with a draft dodger is laughable at best and hugely disrespectful. The fact that she actually believes this tells me everything I would ever need to know about her. And it ain't pretty. Oh, and FYI....some other countries were there as well like Norway, Poland, New Zealand and us, Canada.

  John and Riley are in Europe doing the "War Tour" as we are referring to it. Today they are heading to Vimy and a small cemetery in rural Belgium where a great uncle was buried during WW1. We both think it very important to show the kids how our family fought, and in this case died, defending freedom. Our own and those of strangers. I can't wait for Riley to see how Canadians are respected and honored there. It will be a valuable lesson for a twelve-year-old.

  Alex and I are enjoying the peace and quiet that comes when two brothers are not fighting almost constantly. Though between work, school and his political responsibilities I could almost forget he isn't with them. We are, however, indulging in more take-out Chinese food than normal. I guess we have a weakness for eggrolls.

  Some straight white men in Boston applied for a permit to have a Straight Pride Parade...complete with a parade route. Now if this was on an episode of The Simpson's we could have a good laugh over it but sadly this is real life. There is even an "It's Great To Be Straight" t-shirt you can buy. This was reported the same week two gay women in London were beaten on a bus for being gay and refusing to kiss. Five teenagers have been arrested. Teenagers! I so thought that generation was past all the hate. I'm wrong again.

  Speaking of being wrong, just the other day I was chastised for my lack of parenting skills. I have raised two kind, socially responsible, polite kids and yet I have failed apparently. Parenting is the most difficult job any of us will ever have....even Sarah Sanders and KellyAnn Conway. Let's try to celebrate each other's successes no matter how small. And if you cannot do that then stop talking. Especially to me, I don't want to hear it.

  Well, I feel better now! Just a little sassiness today but tomorrow is a new day. Who knows what it will bring.

  Ang

** Not sure exactly what I did to make this two colors but I've tried to fix it without success...twice. I'd apologize but there would be the sassiness gone **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...