Tuesday 11 June 2019

Travel Agent


  John said to me yesterday that he hadn't realized just how much work I do when it comes to our travels. He is traveling thru a few European countries with Riley and it's not going as smoothly as he would have liked. We do like our vacations to have a big element of spontaneity but I do my research beforehand too. Did he really think things just always worked out?

  When we decide on a destination I do a general search of the place and see what are the "must do's" then throw out a few suggestions to the family. Depending on the reception I dig a little deeper and check out prices and itineraries. Then I narrow down the choices and see the family reactions. We may do all or none but I am semi-prepared for anything.

  Did this all escape his attention? Apparently so. This afternoon I was checking train times, booking hotels and sending directions to his phone all from the comfort of my family room. And he was very happy I did. In fact, I helped them decide what to do and where. All part of my travel agency care I suppose. 

  Look I'm not tooting my own horn...well maybe a little. But it is nice to know that while my family may not see everything I do to make their vacays special they will no longer think all I do is pack and pay! 

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...