Thursday 12 December 2019

Daily Observations


  I've been perusing the news articles this morning and thought I should share a few observations. Some good. Some not so good. 

  The Republican Senators in the US have sold their souls to Trump. Lock stock and barrel. This man could actually walk into Times Square and shoot fifty people and these old, white politicians would say he did nothing wrong. Trump is who he is...a blowhard and a narcissist.  But these folks used to have some integrity. It is now 100% gone. They look foolish and hypocritical and I doubt the world will ever fully trust them again. Not the best way to finish your political career gentlemen. 

  A runner slapped a reporter on the butt during a race last weekend in Georgia while she was giving a live update. The look on this woman's face says it all. Shock, embarrassment, disbelief. Now this man has come forth and apologized saying he was "caught up in the moment". What the hell does that mean? If there weren't so many people would he have done something even worse? With the same excuse? His lawyer said he is "a loving husband and father". Well what a great role model you are for your children Dad and I would bet my life savings he will be hearing from his wife for a very long time about this incident. Men need to smarten the hell up. Fast.

  The Santa Clause has been voted the best holiday movie of all time. I can't believe it beat out It's A Wonderful Life or A Christmas Carol, my two personal favorites. A Charlie Brown Christmas was on the list though it's a tv show and pretty short. I still watch it every year at least once and will continue to do so. I was shocked though that Die Hard made the list. I have never seen it but apparently it takes place during Christmas and that's enough to classify it as a holiday movie. Oh well to each his own I suppose.

  A new report says every single Canadian will overspend on the holidays. Between food, drink and presents we will all be feeling the pinch come January. Are we all that irresponsible? Apparently so. We always do. And probably always will. January is always a little lean for us and we are okay with that.

  Andrew Scheer, the conservative leader, has announced he is stepping down as leader. After the last election it was inevitable I guess. Depending on your politics you might be dancing for joy or crying in your drink. My son does a fantastic impression of him so I guess he will have to find a new target. Good luck to you in your job search.

  That's the headlines of the morning. All the ones not impeachment related I should say. Or Meghan Markle. Or something about the Queen. Seriously I'm tired of all of it. Let's hear about Santa or some real-life do-good elves. Ohhh maybe a story about a stay-at-home blogger who wins the lottery. 

  A girl can dream can't she?

  Ang

  

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...