Sunday 23 February 2020

Just A Little Crazy


  The sun is shining. The air is warm...ish. The new feeder is filled with seeds and nuts for all those birds adventurous enough to move around today. And a squirrel. One big, fat squirrel with a tail longer than a toddler's arm. Who at this moment looks like he wants to come through the patio door and attack me. And I'm not gonna lie he's annoying me.

  I'm not a bird watcher per se. But it's Sunday morning and I'm relaxing with the first coffee of the day and it's nice to see the red cardinals. They give me hope that winter cannot last forever. Little chickadees come behind them and eat the leftovers. Off in the distance, watching closely is that rodent. Waiting and plotting.

  This winter has seemed longer and colder than most in my recent memory. We are almost to the end of the historical "worst" month but that doesn't make me feel good about the month to come. I'm tired of snow and ice and of being cold.

  He's back. Sneaking along the snowbank. Climbing up the back of the trellis. Trying to blend in. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the feeder sway. Is it the wind? Is it him? Do I hunt for the water gun to shoo him away? Why aren't those birds scaring him away? What is wrong with them???

  I just took a moment to read what I wrote. I sound a little....crazy. This proves more than anything else that I need a vacation. A long one.

  Ang

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...