Friday 28 February 2020

News Flash


  Jane Fonda says no more plastic surgery for her. The 82-year-old is heralded for her bravery. Demi Lovato posts a picture of herself makeup-free. What a bold thing to do at 27! Supermodel Ashley Graham embraces her post-baby stretch marks. An inspiration to us all! Wait what???? Does anyone actually believe these are actions that are worthy to be praised and honored? No wonder women are messed up.

  The so-called news is filled with these types of stories. We inhale them. Who knows why. Are there are so many scary things going on in the world that we want to block it out with "fluff" stories? Wouldn't we be better off educated on what is going on in the real world? Obviously not.

  I get it. The news can both scare and depress us. Between coronavirus, politics, and unemployment rates there are enough real problems to keep us occupied. Wrinkles and stretch marks might be someone's idea of news but they need a reality check in my humble opinion. Real issues, real problems that need to be looked into and discussed need to be the headlines not this.

  All that being said...wrinkles and makeup-free pics might be important to Jane and Demi. That's ok because it is about them. You and I shouldn't care one iota about it. And if we feel the need to herald them over something let's try Ms. Fonda protesting for climate change every week or Ms. Lovato for helping others who are battling addiction as she is. Those are real things we could/should get behind. 

  Here's a news flash for everyone...I will not be getting any plastic surgery and almost every photo I post of myself on social media will be makeup-free. I know, I know I'm very brave. An inspiration. No autographs please :)

  Ang


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...