Monday 26 December 2022

Boxing Day Plans

 Ahhh boxing day! My favorite day of the holiday season! A day filled with relaxing, and eating leftovers, doesn't turkey taste better the second day, or is that just me? I may even break out the LOTR trilogy to pass the time. I know one thing for sure...I am not getting dressed today. I'm also not opening the door to visitors either so stop by tomorrow if you really want to see me.

  Like most women I know, I do all the preparations for the season. For weeks now I've been getting a little less sleep than normal and being out and about more than I would like. Christmas Eve I played Santa, wrapped gifts, and cooked. Yesterday I picked up gifts and cooked. Today? Today belongs to me and my laziness. There are tons of leftovers to be reheated. Let me nap on the sofa and snore. I deserve it.

  The only person getting my attention today is my dog. He can cuddle with me. He can share my treats. He alone will get me off the sofa just long enough to let him outside then back in a few minutes later. 

  Update: I started writing this early in the day. I stopped for a minute and found myself 12 hours later doing exactly what I said I would do. I've spent the day napping and watching Emma though I had to restart several episodes as I had slept through most of them. My hubby stepped in and kept us fed and chauffered. The kitchen is clean and some of the gifts have found their way to their final destination. He was busy and is now watching Jack Ryan with his feet up.

  I hope you spent your Boxing Day how you wanted. Whether it was shopping the sales, spending more time with family, or traveling I hope you had fun. And for those of you who like me chose to do nothing I hope you were as successful as me. Now it's time for bed...good night!

  Ang


No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...