Saturday 23 December 2017

Ready


  It's almost 9 in the morning of December 23. I've had coffee and John is gone to the gym. Riley is listening to music and Alex is cleaning his room. All is relaxed and calm. We have no shopping to do. No wrapping. No decorating. No groceries to buy. Just a few gifts to deliver. How did this happen???

  I am always running this time of year. And getting no where. If you had asked me just two short days ago I would have had a list longer than my arm to get done. But somehow my organizational skills, which honestly do not exist, kicked in and everything fell into place. It's a Christmas miracle!!

  Now I can focus on the really important thing happening this time of year....our southern vacation!!! After a week of freezing cold temps I'm ready for some sunshine. And heat. Oooh how I've missed the warmth of the sun. As I fold and pack shorts and tees, I can feel myself shaking off the cold and snow like a snake sheds skin.

  Doing laundry isn't a chore today. It's a privilege. Cleaning isn't filled with swear words about the amount of "stuff" we have but rather humming and the occasional song. All is merry and bright.

  I need to cut this short....gotta go look for sunscreen! 

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...