Tuesday 5 December 2017

Promises Promises



  Sometimes promises are hard to keep. Especially those we make to ourselves. While we have the best of intentions when making them, it's living up to our own words that is the challenge. I learn this lesson every year around this time then promptly forget it come December 26th. 

  Every single year I promise myself that the next year will be different. I will not wait til the last second to shop. The entire year will be my Christmas shopping season. Hard to buy for family and friends will be bought, wrapped and shipped before the first snow fall. Every single year I say it. Every single year I prove myself a liar.

  Here I am on December 5th coming to terms with my dishonest self again. There are no purchases. No wrapping done. Not a single box has gone to the post office. It's deflating. And stressful. Let's not forget stressful. 

  Why is it John doesn't feel that same stress? He isn't shopping for gifts. Not even coming up with ideas for presents. He doesn't wrap them. Or take them to the post to be shipped. He doesn't input on the kids gifts or those for his parents. Why does he get off the hook? Hmmmm I need to think about that some more.

  Right now I am going to keep a promise I made myself just a few hour ago....I'm going shopping! Wish me luck.

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...