Monday 11 December 2017

First World Problem


  I woke up this morning stressed. My brain seemed to know instinctively that my Christmas to-do list is longer than my arm and I'm still on item #2. Somehow my sub-conscience knew that time is running out while my physical self said no worries. Well it's time to start listening to that "inner voice"...actually it was time last month but hey nobody's perfect.

  The hardest part of Christmas shopping is the parcels going east. All three grandparents want nothing in the line of gifts. Yet their list of things they don't want is a mile long. No knick-knacks, nothing that must be dusted, no clothes, no kitchen utensils, no jewelry, no.....you get my meaning. Every single thing I've seen that I thought they might like falls under the "don't buy me" category. 

  I thought I would donate a goat from each of them. You buy for a family and they can sell the milk to pay for schooling, clothing and food. It's a great program which can easily change the lives of an entire family. For under $100! What could be easier than that? Except....I want there to be something under the tree that needs to be unwrapped. It would be sad if there was nothing to open December 25. So my dilemma continues, even with a goat.

  Every year it becomes harder and harder. They have downsized and donated/sold/thrown out most of their stuff. And they certainly do not want more stuff to replace it. I can't blame them for that. 

  So my struggle continues. I'm going out into the cold and snow to look yet again for the perfect gift for people who don't want one. 

  This is a first world problem if I ever saw one!

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...