Saturday 13 October 2018

I'm a Hypocrite.....But


  Last year I wrote about a baseball team in the United States and how they sold raffle tickets on a rifle to raise money. I believe I went on a little rant about how irresponsible it was and just a little strange to use something not intended for children to raise money for children. I guess that makes me a bit of a hypocrite because I just finished making raffle tickets for Riley's hockey team and the prizes are.....liquor.

  Yup, I guess I didn't put alcohol and firearms in the same league. Yet when I spend a second thinking about it, there is no difference. Not really. What seemed insanity for a children's fundraiser is now exactly what I am participating in. I should probably take a few minutes to reflect on what exactly that says about me. 

  Yet I cannot change the fact that when it comes to raising money nothing is a bigger seller than alcohol. Especially as we start to come into the holiday season. All of my friends, even those who are not drinkers, buy some. Who knows who'll stop by and want a glass of wine or a beer. A nice bottle of wine is a great hostess gift or for a neighbor. And every single teacher would love to get a bottle of something. Seriously they would.

  As I'm sitting here at my dining room table writing this, I've already sold over half of them....over social media. One comment and my friends open their wallets. See liquor sells. And easily.

  I am going to embrace my hypocrisy and sell as many raffle tickets as I can. Maybe one of my friends will be a lucky winner. I won't get Riley to sell any though. Now that I've brought it to my own attention I might feel weird watching him do that.

  Or maybe not. 

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...