Saturday 6 October 2018

Twitter Madness


  A man on Twitter just told me that if women didn't come forward right away when they were victims of a crime then no one should believe them. It is their own fault when they don't get any justice. Then a woman said it's too bad but if they don't come forward then no man's life should be ruined because of it. This same woman then asked me if I was a "new-age feminist" and did I feel big and important while trying to ruin a good man's name and reputation. 

  All this took approximately three minutes on Twitter. Now I love that particular social media more than any other. I can find out things in a second. It's short, sweet and to the point. But it's also nasty, vile and disheartening. It's that damn keyboard courage I keep talking about.

  I have found though that killing people with kindness works wonders on that platform. So I responded with civility...aren't you proud of me Lew Bayer?...and agreed with one of her statements, one that wasn't totally nuts. And her entire attitude changed. She wasn't rude. Or superior. Yes, she was still very very very Republican conservative but the nastiness seemed to have left her keyboard. We disagreed but in an easier manner. Could it really be that simple?

  Feeling a bit proud of myself after numerous polite exchanges, I thought one more engagement might just make her see my point as clearly as I saw hers. Using my best language skills I said how I hope that one day, in the very near future, all women would feel safe enough to come forward in a timely fashion so real justice could prevail. I ended my tweet with a simple enjoy your weekend. An adult exchange! On Twitter!

  Nope cause the bat-shit crazy came out of the eaves. White men were the true victims. Women were vindictive and only wanted revenge from these wonderful people who had probably scorned them in some way. The Democrats were using them as pawns in their political treason and making them victims. She took it back to politics. So much for that adult stuff I mentioned.

  Let me make it perfectly clear....I think Brett Kavanaugh did it. He was a heavy drinker on one hand and a choir boy on the other. He was an innocent but liked to party. But the main reason I think he is guilty is Dr. Ford. Do I think we should always believe a woman over a man...no.  In this case, when it comes to credibility I have to say she had lots and he had none.

  I will continue to enjoy Twitter. But I won't try to have an adult conversation with someone who's profile pic shows them wearing a MAGA hat!!!

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...