Friday 8 March 2019

Perspective Yet Again


  One of my favorite words is perspective. I truly believe every so often we all need some. You can get it from many sources....friends, family, total strangers. Some get it from death. Others from birth. However you derive it, it's the lessons you take away from it that matter. 

  Yesterday was a day full of it for me. After a tough year health-wise, I happily celebrated my aunts birthday. She is in her "golden years" and would rather not tell her age though on occasion she shares with strangers who compliment her. We had some laughs, reminisced and spent a few hours just being happy she is around for another birthday cake. 

  A few hours later I'm sitting at home complaining about the cold, the kids, the dishes and Trump. Oblivious to things outside of my own little space. Then just when I least expect it, perspective shows up and tells me I'm not the center of the universe. A death in the family clears it all up for me. 

  Should it take something so sad and so unexpected to give me clarity? Of course it shouldn't but we spend our lives thinking about ourselves first. A jolt is sometimes the only thing that can open our eyes. I just wish it didn't have to be such a final one today.

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...