Sunday 9 October 2022

Life In A Nutshell

  In order to clear my mind of all the posts I wanted to write, started to write, or couldn't quite get right I've decided to do a quick recap. Just to see if that will make me finish a post or two. Here goes...

  The Queen died and I saw Elton John in concert. On the same day. I will never forget the look of pure joy on my 15-year-old piano-playing son's face when Elton took the stage! Toronto was fun as always but my sore ankle didn't appreciate it.

  I went to Nova Scotia on holiday and it never disappoints! Air conditioning sales should be increasing though. We had seafood and breathed in the salt air. Time restraints meant we didn't see as much family as we had hoped but I'm trying to squeeze in a return trip before winter.

  We were blessed to share in the joy of Michelle and Justin's wedding! They looked so happy it brought tears to my eyes. Both of them looked stunning though to be fair she would be beautiful in a paper bag as would he. The added bonus of spending four days with her parents, who I absolutely adore, made the celebration even better. 

  A few health scares within the family kept us on our toes. Covid gave my mom some trouble and being 90 hit my mother-in-law hard at times. Both came out stronger and we breathed sighs of relief all around. Getting treatment for one foot put the other out of commission for me. Sometimes the cure really is worse than the problem.

  Once again we are a two-vehicle family. Three drivers, soon to be four, and one car does not a happy household make! Especially when one of them works long hours and the city's transit system sucks. While we have transportation what we don't have is a pool. Well, we have one it just has a massive hole in it. Trying to get someone to fix it is a struggle that it seems we are going to lose. One more thing for us to figure out.

  School is back in session. Year 2 of university and grade 10. Where has the time gone?? When did my cute babies become handsome young men! Smart and kind. What a combination. I can't wait to see the lives they create.

  Tons more happened. Some really should have been shared and lessons learned imparted. Such is life. We are all busy. We are all stressed. We all need a week on a beach with our toes in the sand. 

  My mind is clear. 

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...