Saturday 29 October 2022

Same Old Same Old Mayor

 Congratulations Ottawa on electing your new mayor yesterday. Surprise surprise we voted in another middle-aged, white male. He should fit in nicely with our premier and prime minister. Am I the only person in Ottawa who is tired of this exact same demographic running every level of government? I can't be. 

 Would a little diversity kill us? I don't think so. Imagine having someone in power who had lived different experiences, had a unique perspective on life or wasn't getting massive donations from local developers. Think of the city we could become! But no we are staying with the status quo. We chose to keep on the same path we've always been on since I moved here almost 20 years ago.

  I think we may have some big problems with our Mayor-Elect Sutcliffe. According to his bio, he is a writer and editor, and former journalist/broadcaster. He has zero political experience. You would assume before running for mayor of the nation's capital and a city of one million that you would at least have spent a term as councilor. You know, to figure out how things are down. The what's what and the who's who. Nope, this guy is gonna wing it.

 Good luck Mayor Sutcliffe. I hope you are successful. For all our sakes!

 Ang

 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...