Monday 30 April 2018

Great Expectations


  I've become a skeptic. I wish I wasn't but I am. Every day I hear people say things that aren't true then hear them defend their lies. I listen to people tell me they will do something. I'm not even disappointed anymore when they don't do what they promised. It is now expected. How sad is that?

  Politicians lie to us every single day. They give us "alternate facts" which are just lies wrapped up in pretty words. They repeat them over and over again as if by keeping to the script we will not question whether it is truth or fiction. And you know what? They are right! Most people don't question their statements or lose interest in it before learning the facts.

  Businesses consistently tell us what we want to hear then don't follow through. Delivery dates and times are rarely what they were supposed to be. Promised prices change without notice and with little or no explanation. The proverbial "fine print" is almost always the culprit. If you actually read that well you are a much better person than I am. Or anyone I know!

  Friends and family are not much better sometimes either. As if they should be excused more easily because of some shared DNA. When in fact we expect more from them because of those genes! While we expect more we also forgive more. Which explains why the cycle continues.

  Expecting people and companies to do what they say should not be difficult. But I no longer expect anything from anyone. 

  That makes me very sad. 

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...