Saturday 21 July 2018

Happy Anniversary


  I know I know it's been a while. We are on our way back home from two weeks ocean side. While the drive doesn't seem that long, only 1600 kms, two kids arguing over nothing makes it feel like much longer. Much much longer.

  But I'll bore you with all those details in the days to come. I wanted to take a quick few minutes before getting some sleep because tomorrow is our wedding anniversary! Yup driving on "our" day. That is the ultimate in romance.

  The first five years of our marriage John was gone more than home. We spent very little time together. While he was off saving the world, sometimes quite literally, I continued thinking someday we would have all the time in the world. 

  Years 6-14 were more of the same. Less travel but for longer periods of time. Still, we were by far the happiest couple we knew. Then the terror attack in New York City happened and everything changed for us. Less than six weeks later off he went to the Middle East for another seven months. That's where our story really changed.

  Looking back, the last fifteen have been by far the best. Two kids and retirement have changed the very fabric of our lives. We haven't moved in nine years....a record for us. Life is better than ever.

  Happy anniversary John! I can't imagine sharing my life with anyone else. You are the best husband I could ever ask for. Not to mention "buff"... a private joke that I am not going to explain.

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...