Monday 9 July 2018

Canada's Ocean Playground


  One of the many benefits of vacation is breathing. Simple breaths that quiet the mind and refuel the soul. No gulps to sap your energy. That is what we needed and that is what we are getting.

  Greetings from "Canada's Ocean Playground" the beautiful province of Nova Scotia. Right now we are in a small coastal town where people leave their windows open at night to sleep and their car doors unlocked in their driveways. You can buy fresh wild blueberries on the side of the road and fish from the back of a truck that is better than anything you have ever tasted. And a traffic jam means the Canso Causeway was open to let a boat through.

  I went to get coffee this morning and they had run out of drink trays. I was ready, willing and able to make two trips but no the person behind the counter came out and helped me carry them out to the car! Imagine that happening in my million person city...nope I can't even.

  We've had lobster already. Of course. I'm not sure how much I ate but it was a lot. And there are leftovers so today we can enjoy more. If you get the opportunity to visit here you need to find a wharf and wait for the fishing boats to come in. The view is spectacular and you might just get lucky and find some for sale...cheap.

  The cool ocean breezes keep the mosquitos at bay but not the horse or moose flies. Yes, they are as big as their names suggest. Watching the sailboats and occasional sea-doos is the perfect way to pass an afternoon. For me it's therapeutic. 

  It's time for me to stop writing and start vacationing again. The Atlantic Ocean awaits. Can you smell the salt air?

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...