Tuesday 13 November 2018

My Week In Review


  After a week of coughing, I think I'm going to live! So while the meds are working well I want to talk about a few things. Like...

  Rain has never killed anyone. Not even when there is a mild wind with it. No one has ever died from rainwater hitting their face and clothes or even their umbrella. Not even while standing or walking through a cemetery. Especially not a military one. And never on the 100th anniversary of the end of WW1. Most certainly not if you are the leader of the country of the soldiers buried there. I'm no doctor but maybe it would give you shin splints so better to be safe then sorry I suppose.

  Five days ago a gunman went into a bar and shot dead twelve people. It has become so commonplace that it couldn't hold the headline for a 24-hour news cycle. What does it say about society when a mass shooting is pushed out of the headlines for tweets?

  Stan Lee has died. He was the mastermind behind so many amazing characters. His legacy is unending and will be remembered by many young fans as the old guy in every Marvel movie. At 95 he made old bones as the saying goes. His wife of 70 years died last year. Excelsior!

  Viola Desmond's ten dollar bill is being released in a few days. Finally! It has been seventy-two years since she was kicked out of a whites-only section of a movie theater in New Glasgow. She has the honor of being the first Canadian woman on a regularly circulated bill in Canada. The Queen doesn't count. It is about time.

  Winter has come to Ottawa. Snow again today. While it's melting on the roads my lawn is white. My sandals are no longer able to leave the house. Except in my suitcase wink wink. Which can't come soon enough.

  The Grinch is out in theaters and I need to go see it. Not just because I'm a Cumberbitch but nothing says it's time to decorate like Max and his fake reindeer antlers! With the ongoing renos, we are behind already. But once this cough goes away I will catch up in a hurry. I might even be able to enlist a few elves.

  That's all I can think of for the moment. Tomorrow I might actually have a real topic. Like how to change a radiator pipe on an old minivan!

  Ang

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...