Friday 14 July 2017

Welcome Babies


  I am a Beyonce fan. Her music. Her dancing. Her videos. Love her. But...and don't go crazy people when I say this....she is a little needy. Maybe even a lot. The first pic of her new twins, Rumi and Sir Carter...I'll get to that later too....proves my point.

  Every single person I know has shown off the first photos of their newborns with pride. And they should. A baby is a reason to celebrate life. Miss Bey is no different except the pride is in herself not the cute little bundles of joy. They look like accessories after the fact to me. Again don't go crazy on me.

  Don't tell me she's an artist and this is her expressing herself. I don't buy it. This is another example of her skillfully crafted media presence. She is making sure, with only one photo, that she is the most talked about, shared, tweeted and googled person for the remainder of the week. That is pure genius. Self-promotion at its finest.

  If you are going to release a picture of your children, which most celebrities are not, then controlling it yourself is smart. But make it a good one...of the kids! Oh and just in case you are not a mother or you are pregnant with your first right now, NO MOTHER LOOKS LIKE THAT a month after giving birth to twins who doesn't have a gazillion dollars!!! Not a one.

  While I'm on the Bey train.....who the hell names their child Sir??!! Who?? There is a blatant arrogance to it. Next thing you know they will make people bow to him. I wouldn't think they would let you register a birth name like that. Yes, there are some names you cannot name your child according to different governments. 

  Babies are to be oohed and ahhed over. So should their mothers for carrying them and surviving childbirth. Congratulations Beyonce and Jay-Z you are blessed to have three healthy children. Never take that for granted.
  
  Rumi is a nice name...I wonder if it's pronounced like the drink or the over sized sweater?

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...