Thursday 13 July 2017

Laundry Strain


  I remember reading an article a few years back about why postal workers are more likely than most to inflict violence on their coworkers when they reach a breaking point. Research showed that because the mail never stops, ever, it plays with their brain. I think that's false and I can prove it with one simple little word......laundry.

  Take a second and think about it. It never ends. Ever. No matter how many loads you do there is more. Spend an entire weekend washing, drying and folding? Monday morning it's back. Throw a duvet or a set of drapes in....ten towels will be waiting by the time they are done. It's like something out of the Twilight Zone.

  Have you ever seen an empty laundry basket? Besides at the store you bought it at? Of course not. They don't exist. Take a full one into a room and empty it and by some weird act of nature, you will walk out with it half full again. Explain that one science!

  Now think about how many people who are sick and tired of laundry inflict violence on random folks? None that I know of. Look I know that violence is never a laughing matter and this is all said in jest. But if I was to lose it over anything...trust me it would be laundry.

  This is, of course, a first world problem. We should be glad we have clothes to wash. Clean sheets to sleep on. And that we aren't hauling our things down to the river and beating them against the rocks.

  Aunt June always reminds of that!

  Ang

  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...