Thursday 3 August 2017

Keep It Clean


  I want a cleaning service. One that comes every single day and stays the entire day. And it can't just be one person I want at least two. Three would be ideal. Four would be perfect. 

  If you have children you probably want the exact same thing. Because all kids are exactly the same. Messy. With a capital M. I'm not sure if it's laziness or distracted-ness. Am I to believe they didn't realize the wrapper fell out of their hand and then pushed it under the sofa? Or that they didn't see the hamper was overflowing? Do I really look that gullible to them?

  All kids are messy. I get that. But is it too much to ask that dishes make it to the sink and not the upstairs hall table? Or that the entryway not become the dropping ground for every piece of sport equipment and school item they come across? Apparently it is.

  Let's not forget the bathroom and the need for 3 towels per shower. Or a glass for every single drink of water. Lego pieces on the stairs. Crayons ending up in the dishwasher. Stickers stuck to freshly painted walls. And my personal favorite, fingers on each and every pane of glass in the entire house. 

  We "live" in our house. It's never spotless. Dishes are always in the sink. Fingerprints on almost every wall. Chances are you will walk into a bathroom with an empty roll on the toilet paper holder. Try as I might that island is never empty for more than a few minutes. 

  Life is a semi-control state of chaos. That's life with kids....and we wouldn't have it any other way. But I still want that cleaning service!

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...