Tuesday 19 June 2018

Should We Or Shouldn't We?


  The past few days I've been seriously thinking about canceling my Christmas vacation. We have a house rented for a week in Orlando and then a cruise. But with the insanity that is going on in the U.S. with tariffs and comments about our Prime Minister, I'm not sure I want to spend my vacation dollars there. 

  Can Trump actually make me want to vacation anywhere but the U.S.? His rhetoric about Canada has changed the way we think about our neighbors. We are bunching them all in with their leader and while that's not fair what else can we do?

  We have gone south in some fashion the past several years. Florida is a favorite for all of us. Between Disney, beaches and cheap cruises, it's a vacation we can all agree on. This year we are planning on a Universal visit and several days of relaxing by a pool out of the snow and cold of an Ottawa winter. Can we really let him take that away from us?

  On average we spend $7500 on vacation per year. That is a pittance to the U.S. economy I know but if we multiply that by the amount of Canadians crossing the border each year wouldn't that make an impact? Especially to the touristy areas like Florida. 

  I hope I get over my doubts. I really do. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is calling me. Hopefully, the rest of the government will regain their sanity and make their leader see sense. Make him go back to treating allies like friends not enemies.

  I won't hold my breath though.

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...