Thursday 28 June 2018

Schools Out!


  Today is the last day of school. Sigh......while I am happy to not have to crawl out of bed in the early hours of the morning and try to find something nutritious for my boys to eat, I am sad that they will have 68 days to argue and fight without interruption. Yes, I counted. Don't judge me.

  I do owe a huge debt to the fine men and women who spend their days with my sons. Teaching them. Respecting their ideas. Listening. Helping them become the strong, decent, kind men we know they will be. Guiding them through the growing pains of adolescence when we are not there. It's a tough job being a teacher. And one of the most important ones.

  This year Alex found a teacher who "got him". Quirks and all. This man intrigued him. Peaked his interest. Made him think outside the box again. That seems to be where he does his best work. So thank you, Mr. Longpre, for catching his attention and holding it. Well done.

  Riley has always been lucky at this school with teachers. We never have reason to complain. They inspire him, challenge him and make him want to know more. Then show him how. Thank you Mme. Bergeron and Mrs. Frappier...we are so lucky to have you both.

  Alex and Riley....your Dad and I are so proud of you and the effort you have put into this past school year. Not just in the marks you received but in the way you have grown over the past ten months. Your interests and abilities are changing and expanding and we couldn't be any prouder.

  Happy summer vacation Alex and Riley!! Maybe they won't fight all summer.....oh who am I kidding. 

  Ang

  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...