Wednesday 6 June 2018

What Will Today Bring?


  
  What a week it's been and it's only Wednesday! This time of year we are busier than normal...why I couldn't tell you. I need a few extra hours every day just to keep up. It might just be laziness or age but I seem to be slowing down and smelling the roses more. That's got to be a bonus no matter the reason right?

  Today my friend is becoming an organ donor. She is giving part of her liver and will save the life of someone she loves. How amazing is that??!! She has done it without hesitation even when it seemed she would have lifelong side effects. I'm blown away by her strength and courage. 

  At the same time, another friend has said her goodbyes to her mom. She was able to be there before she died to say whatever needed to be said. That's a blessing we should all hope to receive. Losing a parent is never easy but when you live far away from them I think it might be harder. Yet she is standing tall and doing what she needs to do. Her inner strength will help her through this difficult time.

  We lost designer Kate Spade yesterday to suicide. First, let me say the details that were released I find extremely offensive. Her family, friends and loved ones do not need to have the details of her death note strewn across the news programs. Even in death, she is not afforded privacy. Nor is her family it seems. Say she died. Say how sad it is. Talk about the stigma of mental health issues. Put out suicide prevention hotline numbers. Let her family have the peace we all would want to have in such a trying time.

  The Ontario provincial election is tomorrow. Finally! It seems like it's been going on for years. Premier Wynne has conceded she won't win and is trying to get Liberal voters to vote not for her own candidates but another party, trying to keep Doug Ford from becoming the leader. Will it work? Who knows. I just know that Ford reminds me of Trump and that is NEVER a good thing. Wynne did a bad job but all of a sudden knows how to fix everything. I don't know much about the NDP platform but I have an entire day to learn....that should be enough time.

  Who knows what today will bring. It's only early. Maybe I'll win the lottery. 

  Ang
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...