Monday 20 March 2017

Jackie


  While we were gone a few things happened I feel the need to talk about. One is very sad.

  A very old friend of John's was killed in a hit and run. They had known each other since basic training in the airforce some 35 years ago. Jackie was a larger than life kind of guy. Fun. He was a husband, father, friend and soldier. He had retired a few months ago and they, Jackie and his wife Lorna, had moved back to their hometown to enjoy their retirement and get back to their roots. That makes it even sadder somehow.

  As I mentioned Jackie was in the airforce. He saw and did a lot in his career. Things that people are not supposed to see and do. That left him scarred and wounded. And like almost every military person....suffering from PTSD. The news focused on that fact which made me quite angry. He was wounded yes but that is not what killed him. Someone hit him with their car and drove on. That is what took his life.

   I hope the police catch the driver of the car that hit him. I hope when they do, that helps bring some closure for his family. I'm not sure how it can but I hope.

  But mostly I hope that Jackie is at peace. And his family finds a way to have some too.

  Ang
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...