Wednesday 1 March 2017

All The Same


  Every month I get an "update" of sorts on this blog. How many people have visited the site, which entries were read the most etc etc. All very good information which helps me to understand those of you reading it. But every month one thing still shocks me...where you are all from!

  Here is a sampling of the countries where folks have visited this site from....the Philippines, Brazil, India, Austria, Portugal, Germany, Poland and France. Not to mention Nigeria, Russia, China, Ukraine and Australia. That's insane.

  But it proves one thing I've known for a very long time...we are more alike than different. People are going about their business every day, going to work, getting the kids to school, paying bills. In the evenings we all have dinner, do dishes and laundry, try to get the children to do their homework. Watch the news, walk the dog, get to the gym. On the weekend we buy groceries, go to a movie, visit our family. That's whether we live in Ottawa, Canada or Kiev, Ukraine.

  When I'm writing about being angry with my cell phone bill someone on the other side of the world is thinking "I get that". Or how my friends get me through the hard times in my life and help me celebrate the great ones, a person in China is nodding along. 

  No matter where we live, our financial situation, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or education we all want the same things. Happiness. Good health. A bright future for our kids. Clean water to drink. Friends and family who love us.  

  From the bottom of my heart I say thank you. For allowing me into your lives. For letting me brag about my kids and husband. For listening to me rant about everything else. For proving we truly are all basically the same.

  That is something important to remember in these days of uncertainty.

  Ang

**when you have a minute visit my Facebook page Life As I See It or on Twitter thekernicklife @AngelaOttawa and let me know where you are from...including you Canadian's and U.S. folks**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...