Monday 18 September 2017

Piano Time


  We got a piano today. It's big, beautiful and old. While we still aren't 100% sure it needs to be tuned, it's a wonderful sound filling our house. No volume control though like the keyboard had. It's one level...loud. Oh well I'll get used to it.

  The piano made us re-evaluate furniture placement in our living room. It's the only space capable of housing something so big. But that led to a day of moving sofas, chairs and tables. And cleaning. Lets not forget the cleaning. We have some out of control dust bunnies in this house let me tell you.

  Now the room looks brand new. It seems bigger. And the ceilings higher. John kept telling me we need height. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get it but I'm thinking a tall fern. Or a tropical palm. In a huge pot. Just like I put outside this summer. Fingers crossed that's what he meant by "height".

  With the living room looking new and pretty, the connecting dining room looks dated and blah. While it used to suit our taste, it no longer goes with the house. I guess we will add that to the very long list of things we want, and or need, to change about this house. That list is now longer than the wall I was talking about. We will have to win the lottery to complete it.

  I guess I'll never be satisfied with this house. But today I'm happy with the living room. At least til it's piano practice time.

  Hmmm I wonder how much ear plugs cost?

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...