Thursday 14 September 2017

That Lazy Kate Hudson


  Oh Kate Hudson I bet you wish now that you had thought before you spoke. She jokingly told Cosmo that having a c-section was the laziest thing she had ever done. People went nuts! Both in her defense and to criticize. Craziness.

  A little background note....she had a planned c-section. They call it a "life style" choice and many, many women are opting for it. Moms-to-be think it will be easier and more convenient. Boy are they wrong! She was not, at least as I read it, talking about emergency c-sections. And it seems to me she was making fun of herself not women like me who have had two.

  C-sections are major surgery with major recovery times. Six weeks or more. I spent four days in the hospital afterwards. I wasn't allowed to lift anything heavier than the baby. Sitting up was an adventure in itself. Why anyone would chose to do it is beyond me. 

  Her comments made a lot of people angry. It got me to thinking about a few comments I have heard over the years. That I wasn't a caring mother since an operating room was necessary. Another was how I had hurt my children by having their first moments ruined with doctors, bright lights and strangers. And my personal favorite...how I hadn't "really" given birth. Trust me I did and I have the scars to prove it.

  You can be a mother by many means. Thirty six hours of labor, a fifty minute surgery, adoption, marriage, fostering, surrogates. All ways to become a mom. How the baby comes into the world doesn't matter. What you do after they get here is what really matters. Because that's what a Mother really is all about.

  Leave Ms. Hudson alone. Let her get her lazy self moving and enjoy her children's childhood. It goes by faster than those c-section scars fade.

  And please, please don't tell me I forgot fur babies. I love dogs and cats but they are not children. Really they aren't.

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...