Monday 17 September 2018

Curtains To What???


    When we moved into this house nine and a half years ago one of the first things I wanted to do was take down the ugly, don't work properly blinds from the patio door in the family room. Last week I finally got around to it! Casually I asked John to fill in the holes left because the new curtains were not going to be in the same spots. That was the start of a tsunami.

  While waiting for the mud to dry, he asked about painting the room. The mud, of course, was going to stick out against the tan walls. That sounded like a great idea so of course I agreed. Maybe I'll change out the last of that baseboard while I'm at it was the next comment from his lips. Remember all I wanted was new drapes.

  The next day while John was at work I removed the baseboards in preparation of painting. All the furniture was moved out or to the middle of the room. While I was cooking supper and he was catching up on the events of the day, John said the wires from the tv were driving him nuts and since the mud was out anyway he should finally put them behind the wall out of sight. 

  Before we went to bed, a mere four hours later, a plan was hatched. One I had no idea would be put into motion by new curtains. Especially with the basement supposedly on the fall agenda for renos. But life in our house is never as we plan.

  As I sit at the island watching him work, let me tell you John's new and improved family room extravaganza. First, the ugly, woodburning fireplace is gone! Completely gone. This in itself brings me more joy than I can convey to you. Soon there will be a beautiful new fireplace on the same wall surrounded by a natural stone finish! Can you picture it already??

  Not to be outdone, the walls on either side will have built-in cabinets and shelves, with lights under each one. Staggered on a beautiful barn board wall to complement the fireplace stone! All of this came out of the beautiful brain of my hubby. With a little help from Pintrest.

  Let me say again...I was only looking for curtains! Not one of the extras came from me. I may have been hoping his mind went in that direction but I certainly never would have suggested any of them. At least not right now. After the basement is finished perhaps but not this week.

  I can't wait to see the finished product. As a bit of a perfectionist, John does sensational work. He enjoys building and making our home a place we all want to hang out at. Soon that is exactly what we will be doing!

  And isn't that what a family room is supposed to be?

  Ang



No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...