Thursday 20 September 2018

I'm Done Parenting For The Day


  The next parent who tells me how wonderful their children are ALL the time...be prepared cause you are not going to like my response. 

  The next grandparent who has a selective memory and says their children were never misbehaved, rude or lazy and that their grandchildren most certainly are not....again be prepared.

  The next childless person who gives me parenting advice to better control my kids and how I went wrong as a parent......do I really have to say it?

  The next "reason with them about proper behavior" lecture I get....are you seeing the trend here?

  Maybe it's an off day, or week, or month but I have had it with parenting. I'm tired of repeating myself five times and still no one has heard a word I've said or done one thing I've asked! Then when I'm ranting like a lunatic they finally hear me and ask why I'm freaking out!!!

  Are my kids the only ones who don't know where the garbage can is? Or the hamper? Was I supposed to teach them 1000 times instead of 999 to wipe the toothpaste off the sink? What about loading the dishwasher or putting clothes away? Someone needs to tell me exactly how many times I'm supposed to teach them those basic life skills because apparently I haven't quite gotten to that magic number yet.

  Yes, I'm frustrated. Yes, I'm angry. And yes I am somewhat disappointed with myself for getting to this point. But parenting is a daily struggle of balancing expectations and reality. Seeing success amongst the failure. Knowing that tomorrow will be better. Or worse. That doing your best is all you can do.

  But if one of you feels the need to give me any advice on any of the above.....not tonight. You've been warned!

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...