Wednesday 26 September 2018

I'm Tired


  I'm tired. Of hearing the same things about the same people over and over and over again. It's not as if there isn't enough news going on in the world. We don't need to hear about the same handful of folks day in and day out. Let's expand our horizons a little.

  Meghan Markle annoys the crap out of me. This time last year she was a semi-successful actress and now she is a Duchess who is news fodder every day. We hear about her not wearing hose, as if it's headline news. Then it's her hair and how a messy bun is her standing up to the Queen. Enough already. I'm sick of hearing is she or isn't she pregnant. The "American Princess" is famous for doing nothing except marrying well.

  Michael Avenatti is another person I could do with hearing less about. He is everywhere talking about Trump and how he is going to be the one to depose him and bring him to his knees. Enough already. Hints and innuendos are old news. Either show what you got or go away. Now he is representing another Kavanaugh victim. Maybe. He has yet to bring her forward and the clock is ticking on that front so what is the hold-up? Oh wait it's build-up for...drum roll please...his 2020 Presidential run! Give me a break. And a tylenol.

  Marijuana is a topic I've had enough of as well. Whether you are for or against its legalization it's happening and soon. Stock analysts here seem to talk about little else and the volatility of the major company's stock price. I worry about my kids and the effects it has on young brains. But since I'm making a small fortune on its stock I guess that makes me a hypocrite. A title I can live with I assure you.
  
  NAFTA. Those letters make headlines every day. Mostly in the fact that Canada isn't being fair, if you watch U.S. news and Canada is standing firm if you watch CBC. Either way, let the negotiators do their job and come up with something that is fair for both sides. Christina Freeland is trying to negotiate with a flip-flopper. Leave her alone cause that cannot be easy. 

  And last, but certainly not least, the big guy himself Trump. I want one day. Just one day where he doesn't say or do something that makes Chris Cuomo roll his eyes or me swear at the tv set. A mere twenty-four hours without insanity coming from his lips. Though after the reception he got at the UN yesterday today will not be that day.

  We are living in a bubble. One of our own creation. And if we aren't careful we might not survive when it pops.

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...