Sunday 2 September 2018

Reruns


   My kids make fun of me because I like watching the same movies over and over and over again. I've lost count the number of times I've watched Lord Of The Rings or The Hobbit. I've hit double digits in views of Kong Skull Island and every Planet of the Apes. There is something comforting to me about relaxing with any one of my favorites playing in the background. Is this really so strange?

  I've got the same viewing habits on tv or Netflix. If I like a series I can watch it several times before I lose interest. Then if I wait a few months I can go back and start at the beginning again. John's frequent comment is "Didn't we just watch this?" 

  In my own defense, I don't sit down and watch these shows and movies in full. They are playing in the background as I cook or do laundry. When I wash the floor or surf the internet I catch a few minutes here and there. Since I've seen it before I don't need to pay too close attention. 

  There aren't enough hours in the day for me to sit down and properly watch a show. We are a busy house and there is always something that needs to be done. A momentary distraction or a minute to rest is easiest when I don't have to focus too hard. 

  Besides I enjoy Loki, Bilbo Baggins, Sherlock and Lady Mary. Watching Dembe, Lady Felicia, Katniss and Harry Potter bring a smile to my face. Sophia Petrillo, Peter Quill, and Agador Spartacus make me laugh out loud...every single time. 

  Just like your favorite book, a great show can be enjoyed time and again. No matter how much your kids tease you about it. Or how many times your hubby complains. 

  Now where is that Infinity War DVD?

  Ang

  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...