Friday 21 April 2017

I'm Old


  It's the end of an era for me today. The care free days of my youth are gone. How do I know those happy-go-lucky days are behind me? Two words....progressive lenses. 

  Yup bi-focals. Old lady glasses. The eye wear equivalent of closed-toed shoes with no heel. Or Mom jeans. Bathing suits with a skirt. You know what I'm talking about. Those subtle signs we are getting older.

  Adding insult to injury, the woman who helped me pick out the perfect pair was all of 12! Ok maybe 20 but not a day more. She explained all about the differences and how quickly I will adapt to them. But the entire time I kept looking at her and thinking she is a good thirty years away from needing them. And hating her just a little.

  I'm not too worried about getting older. I've lived with the grey hair for years now. I've had too many friends not make it to the "golden years" that I'm grateful for every day. Just every once in a while you realize that things are changing. Faster than we all would like.

  You don't have to look any farther than your kids to know that time is moving quickly. Just the other day Alex was looking up at me with his big blue eyes, asking me for a hug and Riley wanted someone to put him to bed and sing him a lullaby. Fast forward a few years and Alex rests his chin on the top of my head when he hugs me and Riley puts himself to bed. Blink and they are moving out.

  I'm going to enjoy these last few days in my old glasses. Hell I may even wear a pair of high heels! Living dangerously my friends.

  God I hope I don't fall and break a hip!

  Ang

1 comment:

  1. Try dealing with your baby boy graduating in two months. Where is the time going?

    ReplyDelete

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...