Tuesday 11 April 2017

Violence


  John always shakes his head at me when I cover my eyes or turn my face away from violence on tv or in movies. I just can't seem to watch even though I know it's fake. The reason he laughs is I can watch if it's The Blacklist....my Spader obsession again. 

  The extreme violence of tv today is disturbing. It's more graphic and extremely realistic. They leave nothing to the imagination. Nothing. I'm a huge fan of Colony....very violent. I stopped watching Criminal Minds, The Following and many others all for the same reason. I've never watched Game of Thrones, The Sopranos or Sons of Anarchy. Violence. Graphic violence. It's too much.

  I watch tv as a distraction. A way to escape reality for a few hours before sleep. I don't think seeing someone's brain strewn across the room helps me get a restful nights sleep! Real or not. 

  Maybe that's why British shows appeal to me so much. Violence, most of the time, is off screen. It's a gun shot or a scream out of sight. It is left to the imagination. Just like a book. 

  We worry about what exposing our kids to violence does to them. We should be just as worried what it does to ourselves. And most importantly, the way we perceive actual violence in the world around us.

  I'm willing to give up most shows based on the amount of violence.....except The Blacklist. You know I love me some Spader!

  Ang 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...