Wednesday 29 November 2017

WTH....Matt Lauer??


  Matt Lauer has been fired. Just like that, the Today show started the morning reading a statement about his firing for sexual misconduct. Now we are hearing that the NY Times has been investigating allegations. Is this NBC's attempt to get out in front of a scandal? Probably but I'm taking it as a sign that companies are waking up to what women have known for years....it's not easy to be a woman in the work place. Or anywhere else for that matter.

  Women are used to men, and women, looking at places other than our faces when they are speaking to us. Yes it's sad to say but we are. Many times we make comments like "My eyes are up here" or "What are you looking at". But most of the time we say nothing. Why? Because it happens so often. Ask any woman with a B cup or higher. 

  While we must protect ourselves when out in public, at work there are supposed to be protections in place for everyone's security. Not just women's but for the men being accused as well because not every accusation is based on an actual event. That is a very hard thing to say but it's true. 

  In the workplace, women need to have each others back. Not the cattiness we are known for. But sharing information on harassment between ourselves and to the proper authorities. And I can't stress this enough....believing each other! No one should ever make false allegations as it takes away from those who are struggling with coming forward. 

  One other thing I've noticed....many of these men have daughters. How do you explain those allegations to them? And your spouse? They too have, or will, experience harassment. Will they believe you? That's a tough one. Can you love and share your life with someone and still believe they are capable of such behavior? I'm not sure I could believe anyone who said my husband was guilty of such a thing. 

  Thankfully I will never have to answer that question myself.

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...