Monday 7 May 2018

Children


  Having children is a wonderful experience. Life is a completely new adventure when seen through the eyes of your child. You never realize just how strong you really are until then. What you can handle far exceeds your expectations. But it has just as many challenges. And most of those we are ill prepared for.

  I told my friend Jen the other day that she is a helicopter parent and she totally disagreed with me. I think she took it as an insult when it was far from that. She has raised two honest, smart, kind kids who have stayed off of drugs and haven't been arrested. That's a successful parenting job if you ask me. While I don't like parents who hover over small children, maybe doing it to teenagers is a smart move. I'll have to think about that one.

  Through the years we experience temper tantrums, sleepless nights and clinginess. Then it's temper tantrums, silence, and hormones. Finally, we get temper tantrums, separation and excitement. Notice the tantrums go from stage to stage? Yup, they continue on. 

  Embrace every stage. Breathe through the insanity knowing that this too shall pass. Cherish the happiness, smiles, and laughter. Hopefully when we come out the other side, we will have standing before us strong, confident young men and women. Adults who are ready to take on the world and conquer whatever life throws at them.

  As my niece Sheena reminded me today....You'll never look back on life and think, "I spent too much time with my kids." 

  Ang

  

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...