Friday 29 May 2020

George Floyd


  I can't breathe...

  Three small words heard around the globe. A plea from someone on the ground, in restraints. 

I can't breathe...

  Another black man, like too many before him, killed by the brutality of someone who enjoys inflicting pain and being in control. 

I can't breathe...

  A murderer hiding behind the shield and uniform of a police officer. Believing those things protect him from repercussions. Because that is what history has taught him.

I can't breathe...

  George Floyd's future taken away because of a suspected counterfeit bill. A child who no longer has their Dad. A mother who no longer has her son.

I can't breathe...

  For 8 minutes and 46 seconds, a knee was pressed down on George's throat. 2 minutes and 53 seconds of that time he was unresponsive. 

I can't breathe...

  Let George Floyd be the last. If his death can change a nation then his legacy would be one of hope. Not senseless violence.

I can't breathe...


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...