Friday 18 September 2015

Life is Tough

  I'm curious......when did life become so serious? When did a joke about a beauty pageant contestant become a reason to flood social media with hate? When did we start taking an off-the-cuff comment that wasn't intentionally mean, nasty or even rude as a reason to vilify other women? And then why, when the apology came and seemed very sincere, wasn't it enough?

  Life is tough. Every day there are enough serious issues for us to deal with. Between homework, making dinner and getting to "everywhere our kids need to be" in the evening, we need something to make us laugh. If we can't get it from a tv show while we are cooking said dinner then where?

  Where you ask? Let me tell you. I've come up with a plan. It's simple and easy. And trust me it will put everything into perspective for you.

  Spend some time with friends whose children have disabilities. The more friends in that situation you can get together the better. Let me tell you why. Because the worst things that could possibly happen to them.....has already happened. They take joy and laughter out of almost any thing life throws their way. They tend not to sweat the small things and seem to know, how I'm not sure, that everything will work itself out. And of course it always does. Perspective.

  I'm lucky I've already got that. Ladies you know who you are. So the next time someone tells a joke, that isn't racist, homophobic or the like, take it for what it is...a joke. 

Ang
  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...