Saturday 26 September 2015


    Today I've had a grand total of four and a half hours of sleep. There are no newborns in my house. No dog that must be walked. No child who needs to catch the school bus....it's Saturday after all. My hubby is home so there was someone to make sure the kids ate and were kept quiet. So why didn't I go back to bed? Was it guilt?

  Guilt over sleep isn't a problem for me.  I read an article a few years ago about the health benefits of a daily nap and became a born-again napper on the spot. My only complaint is the researchers said 20-30 minutes not the 90-120 minutes I prefer....please. As if that would be sufficient.

  In fact today was a most productive day. I tackled those cleaning/organizing jobs there never seems enough time to get to. You know that drawer that holds every thing and nothing? Well mine was a laundry basket! Everything is now recycled, shredded or disposed of. I feel a sense of accomplishment far and beyond what I actually should for such a small thing. But it's a great feeling so I'll enjoy it.

  The truth is I never went back to bed because when I was 20 something four hours was more than enough sleep. I could work a ten hour shift and then stay out til three in the morning and STILL be able to function...and function well...the next morning. We all tell stories about the good old days when we danced til dawn then showered and off to work we went. Albeit with the largest coffee known to man.

  Now as the evening rolls on I've realized a very valuable lesson....I'm not in my 20's any more. 

Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...