Thursday 24 September 2015

  Life is stressful. Very stressful. Some days I swear I spend half my day biting my tongue and swearing under my breath. And soon I don't think I'll be able to drive any more. The risk of getting my ass kicked increases every day as does my ability to compose full, expletive laden sentences while driving at 60 kms per hour. I'm pretty sure I can't put that on a resume.

  They say yoga is good for stress. I know lots of people who want to do it. Maybe only a handful who actually do. But I know many, many people who drink to relieve stress....in yoga pants. Maybe that has the same benefit.

  Listening to music is supposed to be a good stress reliever. No one has ever clarified for me if Frank Sinatra has the same health benefits as Ozzy Osborne. I'm thinking probably not.

  Reading supposedly can help you decompress. You can loose yourself in the lives and adventures of fictional characters who always seem to come out ok in the end. I don't recommend a Stephen King novel if relaxation is your goal though.

  For me nothing works like laughter. The kind where your cheeks hurt, your belly is sore and you might have peed just a little. Snorting happens with this form of therapy. Which leads to laughing tears over the before mentioned snorting.  

  So the next time you are feeling stressed, turn on The Birdcage....with 3 of the funniest people on the planet, Robin Williams, Nathan Lane and Hank Azaria...and laugh your stress away. 

Ang

  

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...