Monday 7 March 2016

Buy Sell Buy


  Friday I took my first steps into the world of day trading. What a rush! Waiting, watching, waiting some more. Deciding the perfect moment to buy. Deciding the perfect moment to sell. Thrilling.

  I made some money. Quite a bit in fact. Probably too much. I say that because I couldn't wait for the markets to open this morning. My confidence level was high. Ready for a repeat of Friday.

  First thing this morning I'm checking the after hours quotes.....see I've even got the lingo down. I make a decision and change the buy order John had in place. He's in meetings all day so he can't keep the close eye on things that is needed. It's just my take on what will happen. 

  The first thing you should know about the stock market is that you have no clue what will happen....for the most part. I know less than that. Since I had no idea what John had learned from all his reading, I was flying blind.

  My substantial gains were not repeated. Happily I still made some money. $172 to be exact. At least I didn't loose any. But I did learn a valuable lesson. I know nothing about the ins and outs of the stock market. All the time John spends researching a stock and it's history pays off. My "gut feeling" not so much.

  Tomorrow I'm going to watch my stock. Wait. Watch some more. Wait again. Selling when I get to the number John tells me to wait for.

  I guess I've learned two things!

  Ang

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...