Tuesday 1 March 2016

Morning News


  I watched the news this morning as I was getting the kids ready for school. Two items really caught my attention and I wanted to share them with you. One is very sad. The other is a "what the hell" moment if I ever heard one.

  Erin Andrews gave testimony in court yesterday, and will again today, for her 75 million dollar lawsuit against the Marriot Hotel chain. You've all heard the story. She was in a hotel and a peeping tom, who's name I refuse to use, sawed through a pipe and filmed her. Then posted it on line for the world to see.

  Turns out the man asked the desk what room she was in and then asked to be in the next room. And they did it! No one, at the time, seems to have found this a little bizarre. 

  The poor woman was in tears yesterday. Imagine eight years have gone by and she is still having to explain she did nothing wrong. That in no way was any of this her fault. The man went to jail. A whopping 20 months. And she is still having to prove herself. Sad. Very sad.

  Now for the weird one. Shubie Park is in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. It has an off-leash park for dogs. Now it has something else. Signs. And not just any signs.

  These signs say, and I quote " Courtesy Matters. If your dog barks it can disturb neighbors and other park users. Please do not use this area if you can't control your dogs barking. #respect"  WTH? At the dog park?

  CBC even had a woman on, who neighbors the park, explaining how loud it is. How there was constant barking from the many dogs who use it. She also added that they can hear the owners fighting and arguing too. But it's a dog park. Of course you will hear dogs at a dog park!

  Now I feel for the people who live around the park. It must get annoying. But come on. Try to get the dog park moved. Or changed to a leash-on park. Complaining that dogs are being dogs is well....silly. What if it was a playground instead? Would there be signs saying your child can't laugh, yell or have fun?

  That's what I got from the news this morning. But today is Super Tuesday in the U.S. so I'm sure there will be crazier stuff tomorrow. 

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...