Thursday 31 March 2016

Kitchen Duty


  Did I ever mention I don't like to cook? It's a necessary evil but I'm not happy about it. Which is why we all eat the same food. No one gets special treatment, except for breakfast and really how difficult are eggs? I make one meal. If you don't want/like it then there is cereal. Which you will make yourself.

  Tonight it's spaghetti and meat balls. Very basic. Very simple. But we all enjoy it. The meatballs are turkey and the pasta is multi grain so somehow it's healthy-ish too. At least that's what I tell myself.

  My friends are adventurous when it comes to cooking. I'm always excited when I get an invite to their dinner tables. They actually use cook books, recipes and Pintrest. I look at the pictures.

  I always think I should try new things. But I really don't enjoy it so that hinders my attempts. Not that there have been many attempts.

  One thing I do like cooking are party foods. Appetizers and salads. The bigger the party the better. I make a mean rice and shrimp salad to go with the crab puffs. See I'm not totally lost in the kitchen.

  It's time to go and make some meatballs. Hmm....I hope I have some onion soup mix. 

  That's a kitchen "staple" right?

  Ang




  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...