Thursday 15 June 2017

Busy Busy Busy


  June is turning out to be an even busier month than May for me. I honestly didn't think that was possible! While I have a few minutes of breathing space let me catch you up.....if I can remember it all.

  Our friend Dan retired from the airforce after 35 years. 35 years! Like all service people, he has helped change the world and made it a better, and safer, place. The sacrifices both he and his family have made for Canada should be honored and celebrated. Enjoy your "free" time Dan! I'm sure there is a to-do list with your name on it somewhere.

  We got a pool! A pool. The kids are beyond excited and even though the heater isn't installed yet, fingers crossed that's today, they have swum the past two days. And come out purple but with huge smiles. It's been a lot of work for us to get the yard ready but in the end, I know it will be worth it. I can picture the lazy days of summer. A book, a beverage, and no fighting children. Bliss.

  The boys' activities have almost finished. Theater, volleyball, and swimming are over. Scouts, hockey, and piano are in the final days til the fall. And let's not forget school. Less than two weeks and they are free to sleep in and I don't have to scramble in the morning for lunches. Lots of free time on the horizon!

  Boy, it doesn't look like I've done much but trust me I've been busier than it looks! Making that backyard pretty was an undertaking in itself. And the car repairs....I almost forgot about those. My bank account didn't though. Life is busy. For all of us. 

  Remember..you woke up breathing or a reason. Take a minute to enjoy today.

  Ang

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...