Thursday 1 June 2017

Opinions


  Expressing an opinion is tricky. There are always folks who will disagree with you and perhaps not very nicely. Allowing people to have their say without name calling or hostility is an adult quality most don't possess. It's most obvious in politics, religion, vaccinations and abortion. 

  Any controversial opinion is met with anger and personal attacks. Don't believe in vaccinations? You are an idiot, stupid, child abuser who should be killed. I read that exact statement last week on a public board. The Liberals ruined Canada. Heard that one the day after the federal election after defeating the Conservatives, who had been in power for 10 years. Neither makes sense. 

  People are passionate about their beliefs. That's a good thing. But it's the reaction to others passion that irks me. Every day I see and hear people disrespect religion. Not just the atheists but religious folks criticizing other faiths. Loudly. Rudely. I don't get it. 

  When I write I try to be respectful. It's a balancing act for me to express my thoughts on an issue while trying to see the other side. Sometimes I'm not successful. Those entries I either rewrite or delete. I'm not willing to ruin perfectly good friendships over a difference of opinion. It's not worth it.

  Stand up for what you believe in. Fight for your rights. Just do it in a respectful manner. Make Dr. King proud.

   Oh and if it's mine you don't like remember.....nothing nasty.

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...