Monday 5 June 2017

Speechless....Well Maybe Not


  I'm speechless. Truly at a loss for words. Another terrorist attack in Britain. Another comedian crosses a line. Another Trump absurdity. It's deja vu. 

 "Keep calm and carry on" is a famous phrase from the British government in 1939 while preparing for war. That seems to be the motto of the country today. With two attacks in short order, the English people are doing just that. They are going about their business. Fear does not rule their lives. 

  I'm not sure how to stop these attacks. I'm not quite sure why these terrorists feel such hatred. Towards governments, I understand but not innocent civilians. The word disenfranchised comes up often, especially with home-grown terrorists. I only know it's sad. Senseless and sad.

  Another senseless and sad thing is Trump. Picking and choosing other people's words to insult them and question their resolve. Taking a tragedy and spinning it to fit your narrative. How dare you. At a time where your own people are saying how you fully support Britain, you are up late at night tweeting the total opposite. It must be so frustrating and embarrassing to work for you.

  As for Bill Maher.....what can I say? Personally, I can think of only three words in the English language I hate and never, ever use and this is one of them. I am aware of the actual meaning of the word but that's not what people think of when they use it. It's the history behind it that would never allow me to say it. But today I watched Whoopie Goldberg explain that Maher did what a good comedian does when talking about something controversial and used the word to describe himself. It was an interesting point of view considering she is both black and a comedian.

  The day is almost over. We made it through another day. Be thankful you have. Hold your loved ones for an extra second. Kiss your kids goodnight one more time. Eat the cake.

  "Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...