Thursday 22 June 2017

#PoorPeople


  If you are a Twitter fan.... thekernicklife @AngelaOttawa.....you  will have seen the #poorpeople everywhere this morning. That you can thank the 45th President of the U.S. for. His comments at a rally last night about how he doesn't want poor people running the government (I'm paraphrasing here) are what has prompted this backlash.

  Except he didn't get any in Iowa last night. Nope, he got cheers, applause, and accolades. Seriously. He did. I guess that's to be expected since it was a venue full of his supporters. But if I was a supporter of any politician who said because I'm not rich I can't do a job, I know I wouldn't be happy about that statement. In fact, I'm 100% positive I wouldn't be jumping to my feet clapping. I would, however, be re-examining my support and doing some serious digging into their policies. 

  How many of the hard working, poor people in Iowa are thinking about changing their support this morning? Not many I imagine. Mr. Trump has said far worse with no repercussions. Why would this statement be any different?

  Trump has sold himself as the  "swamp cleaner" but didn't do anything close to cleaning. Instead, he surrounded himself with rich, white men....and the occasional rich, white woman. Maybe he needs some #poorpeople to come in and give their opinions. Let them explain what the country needs when it comes to health care, tax reform, education, housing, and jobs. 

  When you are worried about paying the next hydro bill, doctor's visit or your child's education your perspective is much different than those of the super-rich.

  That is something you really need to learn from poor people Mr. President!

  Ang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Cheap To Be True Answered

 A few months ago I wrote about a Carnival cruise we had booked that was so cheap it was Too Cheap To Be True. I meant to come right home an...